Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Transfer 2 has come and gone... six more weeks in Trowbridge!

Good morning everyone! The last few days have been absolutely crazy. We got moves calls early Tuesday morning- I'm staying in Trowbridge and getting a new companion named Elder (Fidel?) Castro. I've heard some great things about him! Elder von Allmen is white-washing/training/district leader in Welling, which is as far away from Trowbridge as you could possibly get haha it is on the east side of London. It's sad that I probably won't see him for quite a long time, but I am also way excited for him.
The big event of the past few days, however, was the baptism of Josh. The baptism was on Monday night (day before moves calls) so it was absolutely crazy. The spirit was so strong there. He had dropped some dates before, so we were a bit apprehensive about moving forward, but we are so grateful things worked out the way they did. He could not have been more excited for his baptism. Since he is 12, he will also be receiving the Aaronic Priesthood soon. Way awesome! I sang "I Know That My Redeemer Lives" as well, that was a bunch of fun. Josh's sister is getting excited for her own baptism in a few weeks! They wanted separate baptisms, I do not know why hahaha. So keep her in your prayers for the 5th of October! We are also looking to extend some more dates over the next week so we will see how that goes. We celebrated Josh's baptism with a kebab, a mission tradition.

Traveling around has been nuts the last 12 hours or so. Some missionaries decided to ignore their travel plans... and we got a call at 12:30 saying that they would be at our flat in two hours. Long story short, I ended up in Wells Road (Bristol) at 5 AM when I was supposed to be in Bath at 9:30 AM... so I am exhausted and can't really think straight right now. I promise next weeks post will be better, okay guys? I love you all so much, you're incredible. I feel your prayers and am praying for you in return.

With love,
Elder Frederickson

 

1 comment:

  1. What great pictures! Matthew looks wonderful and very happy! Does the heart good!

    ReplyDelete