Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Dear people,
 
The time continues to fly here! It was so great to be able to Skype the damily yesterday :) seriously, it was the highlight of my day. So much fun. It was tempting, however, when other friends signed onto Skype! But I resisted hahaha. Today for P-Day we are going to do absolutely nothing. We will do some shopping. I will write a couple of letters. I will sleep. It will be wonderful. Zone conference last week was splendid. It was so much fun to see everyone from Portsmouth Zone and Staines Zone, I saw a lot of people who I haven't seen for a long time! Also if anyone (in Virginia) has letters to send to me, send them this week to my Basingstoke address and I will get them before moves :) if not, send them to the office.
 
Our baptismal dates our doing great. We committed our investigator to live the Law of Chastity and are trying really hard to get her to a baptismal service before we see her next Sunday. Whether she does or not, the Lord will take care of her, but we will keep trying. The spirit was really strong as we bore testimony that the Lord could help her conquer her fear of water. We love her so much and love seeing her progress. She is happier every visit! Her baptism is 12 days away now!

Our other baptism is also 12 days away. This week we saw him several times (each time with a member.) He is definitely changing for the better.  We think that his main concern about baptism is that he doesn't want a lot of people to be there. He doesn't want it to be a huge deal, I think the attention scares him a bit. We are going to prayerfully consider how to deal with this, because there is another baptism the same day. We are going to try and see him daily this week because we still have a lot of material to cover!
 
Our other investigator is amazing. She attended church yesterday and actively participated in the Gospel Principles lesson. We then taught her after church and reviewed the baptismal interview questions. It went really well! No question 4 issues. We scheduled a day for the interview and we just could not be more excited. She is SO prepared.

This week I've tried to apply something new in my study- writing it all down, being good about keeping a study journal. Whether it is personal study, at conferences, in church, I am just trying to always take notes. The results have been wonderful! My study is SO much more effective. The Spirit teaches me so much. I've found this to be especially the case in a situation when someone else is teaching and expounding upon the scriptures. I'll be taught more truths about what is being taught and I am able to understand it. I can feel a noticable increase in my knowledge. Not only that, but I am able to apply that knowledge FAR more effectively. It is having a massive impact on the way I work.

This week, Elder Aichele and I watched some of the Preach My Gospel DVDs in Companion Study (since we review the 12 Week Program.) We felt impressed that we really needed to begin finding through the ward. Not just asking them for referrals though, but actually working with them. Teaching them. Loving them. Doing all we can to get to know their friends. Capitalizing on the trust they clearly have in us. We also decided that we needed to work with Less-actives more. Going to there homes and getting to know them. I am certain that referrals will flow from this effort and baptisms and re-activations will occur. We are excited to see how all of this goes.

We will see miracles as we press forward in this marvelous work and wonder that we are priveledged to be a part of!
 
I love all of you so much and I feel your prayers.
 
With love,
Elder Frederickson
 
PS The picture is Elder Hagedorn (one of the Chinese Elders in Oxford) and I and the Great Hall from Harry Potter!



No comments:

Post a Comment