Thursday, May 22, 2014

"You Can Collect Your Gold Star After Church"

 I love Catford Ward so much.
This week has had it's challenges. It was just one of those weeks where we talk to tons of people and they just wouldn't stop. That's okay. That's the nature of this work sometimes. Despite that we saw some great things happen, we especially saw miracles yesterday. I feel like the Lord will reward us more for the labours we perform when we're tired. On Saturday morning we saw that our lesson total was way down, but we felt that we could still get to 20. We made plans to achieve it. We worked diligently. Hardly anything happened on Saturday and even Sunday morning but we kept going and the Lord provided the rest. What a great experience. I know that when a standard is presented by our leaders, we can achieve it if we do our part. It might not be pretty or glorious or mind blowing, but it doesn't need to be. That's not what's asked of us. We just need to work our hardest! And smartest, I might add! :)

We've also seen our finding become more effective as we've used the Book of Mormon in every finding encounter (within reason.) Based off the experiences we've seen from it, I've set a goal- to have a spiritual experiencec from the Book of Mormon every day and then to use that experience throughout the day. It's very small and simple but by small and simple things great things are brought to pass! :) It also helps them understand how important the Book of Mormon really is.
Sorry this is a bit short! We have a great P-Day planned today- getting some Jimmy Spices at the O2 with some other Elders from the Zone :) and then we'll clean the flat and I'll start purging my suitcases of... well, random stuff. I know there's still two weeks but I do NOT want to be "that guy" who has to throw away tons of stuff at the Visitors Centre. HAHA before my mission I was defintely that guy. But not anymore.
I love you all so much! I know that this is God's work, that Jesus is the Christ, and that this is HIS church on the Earth today!
Have a great week! :)
With love,
Elder Frederickson
The picture is of the Wandsworth Zone last P-Day :) I know my hair is really long but I got my hair cut reallyyy short.

No comments:

Post a Comment