Monday, July 16, 2012

Soaking - But Happy!


Hello everyone! It is hard to believe that another week has come and gone. The time is starting to fly already. I'll be honest, this week definitely has not been the easiest. It was lovely every morning but POURED every single afternoon! My camera is broken, my scriptures are thrashed along with my planner, and I wrote my testimony in like ten Book of Mormons but they were all ruined. THAT IS OKAY THOUGH because a mission is not supposed to be easy. It is not supposed to be a cake walk. I am exactly where I am supposed to be going through exactly what I need to be going through. The thing is, it is never hard in the moment. It is only hard when, at the end of the day, you give yourself time to reflect. It has helped me realize why we are always supposed to be so busy! :)

So yeah, I've had better weeks, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I think the craziest was when we were in Warminster on Friday and it was raining about as hard as I had ever seen it rain in my life. We were walking all over (about 6 miles) to visit investigators (none of whom were there) and then we finally went to see Louisa, who we are still hoping to baptize. We trudged up this huge hill to get to the military base where her house was and she wasn't there. We were pretty frustrated. When we walked back down the hill to catch our train, we walked by some HUGE puddles. Some people thought it would be hilarious to speed up when they got to the puddles, utterly soaking us from head to foot (that's when the stuff in my bag got all wet.) It's okay though, stuff like that just happens sometimes.

That's not to say that good didn't come out of this week, because it definitely did! We committed Adam to be baptized on the 4th of August and I'm really excited! He is not quite there yet, but it's amazing to see the change of heart he's had as we've been able to teach him. He comes to church every week (which is quite the experience, I must say... if you want to know more about that, contact me individually hahaha) and participates. He is still REALLY afraid of baptism and we aren't quite sure why... we showed him the font and stood in it (there was no water in it duh) and asked him to pray about August 4th in there. He did, and FINALLY accepted the day. I am so excited to see him (and hopefully Louisa) be baptized so soon! 

I went on an exchange in Bath last week! I was with Elder Hanks, who was in my MTC group, so that was a lot of fun hahaha it was an adventure though because we've each only been in the field this month so yeah. I must say, the view from the flat in Bath is one of the coolest views. It overlooks all of Bath. I forgot my SD card so I'll send a picture next week. I'm going there again this Wednesday to work with our District leader. We also had our first District meeting last Wednesday at the Wells Road Chapel in Bristol. The whole zone meets up and we have a little meeting, then break off into our districts. Afterwards, we all have lunch together. It is a lot of fun. 

On Saturday, we had our first interviews with President Millar. It wasn't really an interview though, it was like a five minute get to know you thing... it wasn't really what I was expecting, but that's okay. Yesterday was LONG but it was really good. I sang in church yesterday with Elder von Allmen, Zach Turvey, and Brother Ramsbottom. We sang Brightly Beams. I sang the highest part, it was really fun. I hope I get to sing in church a lot!

That's about all I have to report. If this email seems negative at all, it's not. I just don't want to sugar coat it, or give the false impression that there are no challenges involved with missions. I've never been happier. I want everyone who reads my blog to understand what missionary work is like. I don't want people to think it's the easiest thing in the world, because it isn't. It's the most difficult, yet most rewarding thing that you can do. I absolutely love it. There is no greater joy than that of serving the Lord.

How are things back home? I am so excited for all the youth going to Palmyra! I remember that was an AMAZING youth conference. I hope that is amazing and I can't wait to hear about it. Also, I would like to wish the happiest of birthdays to Sarah, Jenn, Carter, Becky, and Tom. I'm gonna send you guys stuff (as well as other family people) a big package so I don't have to mail everything individually because that would be REALLY expensive and I run a really tight budget. The Brother Okiishi game we played at FHE was Human Battleship and tell him that I would LOVE if he reminded me what other games we played because we are desperate for new activity ideas for FHE. 

I loved getting letters from Mom, Grandma, Tom, Phil, and Ariana! You guys are the greatest. Getting mail is the BEST feeling. Also, I got Becky's package! Thank you so much! I am excited to get the rest of the stuff that you got hahaha. 

Love all of you so much,
Elder Frederickson

No comments:

Post a Comment