Friday, February 7, 2014

Matthew's Curry Recipe

I guess he has learned how to cook!!! Here is Matthew's Curry recipe!!!
 
Hmmm well I've made two. One that's tomato based and one Korma tasting one.
 
I use the same powder for both of them. Here's what I do
 
Get a little bowl, mix up a bunch of spices until it smells good.
The three main ones are garlic powder, coriander, and cumin. I also put in a lot of Garam Masala. I also sparingly use cinnamon, ginger, cardamon, cayenne, paprika, chinese five spice, ground cashews... basically whatever I can find :)
 
Then I dice and fry an onion or two, as well as a red chili or two. When it's done, fry the chicken then throw in the powder and let it fry for 1-2 minutes. Then you put in a little water, a medium amount of yoghurt, and quite a bit of tomato puree then you mix it all together and let it simmer for twenty minutes. 
 
The korma one you just do the same thing except replace tomato puree with coconut milk, red peppers with green peppers, and put in a bunch of ground almonds and a bit of peanut butter :)
 
Always serve over rice :)
 
I'll have to make it for a family dinner over the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment