Monday, January 21, 2013

It's Snowing!

Good morning, everybody!
 
 
 
It snowed about a foot last week in Chichester! Though school's were cancelled, the work had to go on! We still managed to get over to Havant on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday for all of our appointments. A little bit of snow will not slow us down! We also had a snow ball fight after church with some of our investigators and the members. It was so much fun! The snow is great. I've said it before and I'll say it again- snow brings miracles! Today we are going to Portsmouth to spend time with the other Elders in the zone- it should be great fun! We are also going to the YSA FHE (Young Single Adult - Family Home Evening) with one of our investigators tonight, which should be fun.
 
It was disappointing to here that so many wards were cancelled yesterday. Luckily, Chichester Ward was able to hold Sunday meetings as normal. It is clear to me that the Lord is hastening his work in the Chichester area. Elder Grachyov and I have noticed and now the ward is beginning to take notice as well. Excitement about missionary work is building. People are coming to us with their friends. People are volunteering to go on teaches with us. Less-actives are returning to activity, re-embracing the gospel. Something wonderful has begun in this ward and I don't know what I did to gain the priveledge of witnessing it! It is such a cool experience.

We are excited to be moving into the flat in Havant, all signs point to us moving in on February 2nd. On Wednesday, we found out (by COMPLETE coincidence) that the flat we chose and purchased is a couple of doors down from Edna Jones, an elderly member of our ward (also, President Jones mother.) Who, according to members of the ward, NEEDS visits and Priesthood close by. I was somewhat touched when I learned of this, how amazing is the Lord? Elder Grachyov and I had no idea she lived near- we just knew the flat was awesome and conveniently located!
 
It is so hard to believe that moves week is upon us once again! I have no clue what to expect. I've been told what to expect by many, but try and put aside any desires that I have and others opinions which may influence said desires. I am excited to see what the Lord has in store for the next little while! He knows me perfectly, and that is infintely comforting. Whatever His plan for next transfer is, I will joyfully accept it.

It is such a blessing to be a missionary! It has allowed me to grow so much in every single way! It is an incredible priveledge to place my self in God's hands, allowing Him to mold me in whatever way He desires. Though Satan will work his hardest, his work will be in vain. Miracles will continue to be commonplace throughout the mission and the work will continue to move forward and upward with startling momentum as we "look heavenward" and "press onward."

With love,
Elder Frederickson

No comments:

Post a Comment