Monday, February 18, 2013

Good Morning!!!

Good morning everybody!
 
SO excited about all the mission calls I heard about today! It is so touching to me to see all of my friends getting called to serve around the world! :) It really is one of my favorite things about P-Day.
 
Not lots to report today. We have to do some teaching this afternoon, so our P-Day will be shorter than normal! We will be just cleaning and shopping.
 
The work is moving along wonderfully. It has certainly been a fantastic week! We set a goal of teaching 25 lessons this week and, despite being flogged thrice yesterday, we were able to achieve it- but only because we recognized that we could not do it without our Heavenly Father. This week we are again attempting to raise the bar and go for thirty. We know that it's possible, but we are going to have to stretch ourselves even more. It will be worth it. With assistance from our Father in Heaven, anything is possible.
 
Throughout my mission thus far, I've had several experiences which I like to call "turning points." For me, they've usually come once with every companion. I have had three so far. I had one of those turning points this week. I'm not sure what brought it on, but something changed after that Zone Conference on Wednesday. Although none of the quite firm rebukes directly applied to me, I still felt I needed to take things to another level. To lengthen my stride. To be EXACTLY obedient. To be obedient joyfully. Ever since that moment- things have yet again picked up. For one reason or another, that Zone Conference was a major turning point for me- possibly the most important one yet. Perhaps I've began crossing the bridge between the 3rd and 4th missionary (although this would be the second or third time that I've thought I've done that.) Regardless, I feel a deeper sense of consecration. I am happier. I am more dedicated. Things continue to change for the better.

I love this gospel. I love this area. I love this ward. I love my companion. I love my Savior. I suppose all of that is fitting, seeing as it was Valentines Day last week. My Valentine was my Preach My Gospel, if anyone was wondering.
 
It's so hard to believe that this transfer is almost half way done and that I've been out 8.5 months. That's just crazy. The time is absolutely FLYING. Weeks go by now and I don't notice!
 
Also, something else, I've noticed that it is taking a lot longer than normal for letters to get here for whatever reason... so yeah. That's a bummer. But not much can be done about that, I suppose.
 
Love you all so much!
Elder Frederickson

No comments:

Post a Comment