Monday, February 25, 2013

Good Morning!


It has been a marvelous week here in Havant! Even though it is still chilly! This week should be good. Nothing particularily exciting. We went on exchange last week and I went to Portsmouth. I love going on exchange there, it is such a cool city.

 
Portsmouth!
Personally, I am continuing to focus on 100% exact obedience. This isn't always easy for me, but the blessings are endless! The fruits of obedience (as outlined in Chapter 6 of PMG) are an excellent motivation for me to continue to improve and grow. I have also learned that faith and obedience have a particularly strong impact on each other. This, too, has helped me in my quest to be more obedient.

Yesterday, we had an experience very similar to Elder Christensen's that he shared at Zone Conference the other week. We arrived at a families house for dinner and said dinner would be about 30 minutes. Elder Grachyov and I both looked at each other and without really thinking or speaking (I suppose that's what happens once you've served with someone for three months!) we knew what to do. We informed them that we would like to go knock some doors for the next thirty minutes and asked them if that would be alright. Not only did they tell us yes, but they directed us to a particular street AND told us about their neighbors. They told us they were not in, but that another day we should stop round them. They also provided a referral for us later on. Over all, we came out with three referrals! I am so grateful we made that decision. I hope to be able to again apply that principle when the opportunity arises.

While reading the Harvester the other day, I was particularily struck by one phrase that the APs said in their short (but enlightening) article. I can't remember the context or the exact use of words, but I do remember the specific wording of "driven to our knees." I pondered that a lot throughout the week. I came to understand what that meant on Sunday. As I mentioned before, we haven't had any investigators attend church over the last several weeks. This is a problem I've been blessed to not have thus far, so I didn't really know how to deal with it. I remember I said a prayer in the morning specifically asking that we have someone, just one person, come out to church. When Elder Grachyov and I prayed before we left for church, I again pleaded with the Lord for this. We arrived at the chapel and no one showed up. We passed the sacrament and afterwards, no one came in. I just couldn't believe it. What I did next might sound a bit strange. I leaned over and told Elder Grachyov and told him I needed the toilet. I went into the stall and got on my knees and silently pleaded to the Lord one more time. When we got back into the chapel, I saw no one. I then sat down. A minute or two later, I looked to my left. At the end of the row was someone who I had not seen before! He smiled at me, which I suppose was nice. After the meeting closed, we introduced ourselves and he told me a member friend had brought him. That member then approached us and asked if there was an investigator class that his friend could attend. I joyfully told him "There is now!" and grabbed one of the Ward Missionaries and we proceeded to teach him the first lesson right there in Gospel Principles. He is such an earnest seeker of truth and it was an amazing experience. I know that as we are "driven to our knees" and faithfully cry unto the Lord, He will provide answers and strengthen our testimonies.
I love all of you! I hope that everything is going well. Still not sure what the issue is with mail- the package that was sent three weeks ago still hasn't arrived? It seems to be taking one week exactly for letters, which is alright.
 
Have a wonderful week! :)
 
-Elder Frederickson
 
Portsmouth!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment