Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Basingstoke for 6 More Weeks!!!!

Good morning everyone!
 
So moves calls are done- Elder Aichele and I will both be STAYING in Basingstoke for (at least) six more weeks! I am so excited because I love it here.
 
Despite the reality of the adversary, the Lord's work continues to press forward.

Though I may not realize in the moment, the obstacles are always a good sign. The closer we come to miracles, the closer we come to fulfilling our purpose, the nearer we draw to Christ... the harder the work becomes . Trials and tribulations are for our benefit. If the work of the Lord was easy, it wouldn't be beneficial. Regardless, we continue to teach. We continue to find more than we would be naturally inclined to. We continue to do our best. It's not always easy to "drop" people or end a teaching appointment at 45 minutes but doing so demonstrates committment to our purpose.

Working with members is the higher way. Gaining their confidence and trust is crucial. As we do all we can to fulfil our purpose, love everyone, and be obedient, there is only one thing left to do... man up and ask for referrals! It's much easier said than done, but I've learned that if we are doing what we are supposed to be doing, when we ask, we shall receive. Working together with the members, I know that the missionaries in the ward can not only achieve the goals we have prayerfully set, but surpass them. The Lord has no limits.
 
I love this gospel and I love being a missionary. It is SO hard to believe that it's almost been a year. Has it really been that long? Is that possible? The time is just soaring by. The first group of missionaries that I didn't consider to be "old" when I came out just went home, and that is strange. I am so excited for what lies ahead though- especially with the massive influx our mission will be getting over he next few transfers. 30 came in today. 30 will come in next transfer. 30 more the transfer after that. TONS of new areas will be opening and TONS of people will be training. It's an exciting time to serve the Lord! :)
 
Also, since I am staying, no address change!
 
I love you all!
 
-Elder Frederickson
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment