Monday, April 8, 2013

Beautiful Day in Basingstoke!

Morning, mates!
 
It is P-Day once again! Not only that, but spring time has FINALLY arrived in Basingstoke! Temperatures hit double digits (celcius) for the first time in... well, a long time! The sun is shining, and things are most definitely looking up in this beautiful part of the Lord's vineyard which I am priveledged to labour (thought I'd throw in the "proper" British spelling) in. :)
 
What a superb week it has been! We have seen miracle after miracle, it is incredible.

I mentioned last week that we are putting a lot of faith into the nine Address Unknown Files we received a few weeks ago. The first three AUFs (and the 20 doors on either side) yielded no results. The fourth one, however, resulted in three new investigators and two additional potentials- a proper miracle! The family we met is a Nigerian family with four kids! They are so cool- the 9 year old son, Emmanuel, said that he did not just want the Restoration Pamphlet- he wanted all three lesson pamphlets and a Book of Mormon to "read before bed." If only I had been that dedicated at the age of 9! :)
 
We now have a baptismal date with  for the 25th of May. I don't think teaching someone has ever been so FUN! We taught her the first two lessons literally by asking her questions the entire time. She answered them wonderfully. It goes to show thta if we teach with enough simplicity, a nine year old CAN understand the doctrine put forward in Preach My Gospel. Frankly, I think it makes our job a little bit easier! I was reading the Preach My Gospel Missionary talk by Elder Bednar and it said something of a similar nature. I really want to focus my study on the small and simple truths of the gospel, for by doing that, great things will surely come to pass.
 
Everything is just amazing. I love serving the Lord with all of my heart, might, mind, and strength. I LOVED conference this weekend. As they announced the program at the Sunday morning session, both Elder Aichele and I were DEVESTATED that we wouldn't be able to hear Elder Holland speak :( although by all accounts, it appears to have been an amazing talk. My favorites were President Eyrings and Uchtdorfs (in Priesthood), President Monsons (Sunday morning), L. Tom Perry, and Elder Ballards (Saturday morning.) What a wonderful opportunity it is to hear from these chosen disciples twice a year!
 
I also found a talk in our flat entitled "Remember Lot's Wife" by Jefferey R. Holland. He gave it in January 2009 at a BYU devotional. It is exceptional. I HIGHLY recommend it to everyone, especially BYU students and those who love awesomeness.
 
Anyways, I love all of you so much! Both the Book of Mormon and, by implication, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints are TRUE! Have a brilliant week! :)
 
With love,
Elder Frederickson

No comments:

Post a Comment