Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Six more weeks in Chichester!

So, I'm going to be here in Chichester with Elder Grachyov for (at least) six more weeks! The other area in our district, Portsmouth, got white-washed SO we are now the most senior members of our district... at three weeks hahaha. The new people are a new missionary and his trainer (who I haven't heard of) so that should be lots of fun. Moves week was relatively mundane- there were very few moves because Christmas around the corner. Only 28 of the missionaries were impacted by moves.

In all truthfulness, this week hasn't been very exciting. We have been doing LOTS AND LOTS of knocking and street contacting. Since we arrived we have found about 60 potential investigators, the majority of whom were also given Book of Mormons. Each and every one that we had a return appointment with flogged us. It's pretty frustrating, but I know that if we're doing all we can, the Lord will fill in the blanks.

I am SO excited for next Wednesday, we will be having a Christmas Conference! Portsmouth zone will be having the conference with Reading and Staines zones, so I won't see most of my friends in the mission but I suppose that is okay! I am just excited to be able to do a temple session and pick up all of the Christmas stuff that I hope is at the office :)

I am so grateful to be a missionary! Although the last few weeks certainly haven't been the easiest ones of all time, that isn't how it's supposed to be. I know that everything that the Lord does has a purpose, I know I am here for a reason. I just need to make the most out of these next 18 months! I know that so long as I am doing my best work here in Chichester, the Lord will provide!

Sorry this is really short, guys- there really just isn't that much going on right now hahahaha if you are ever wondering what I am doing, there is a VERY good chance it's just knocking or talking to people on the streets.

Oh and... I CAN'T WAIT FOR CHRISTMAS :)


Love, Elder Frederickson

No comments:

Post a Comment