Monday, December 31, 2012

HELLO!



 Hello everyone, and happy New Year! We don't have any wild plans to bring in 2013, if any of you were wondering... but that's okay haha no big deal.

This last week has been tons of fun! It was so awesome to be able to Skype the fam :) it was just like being at home, I loved every second of it! I'm so glad everyone is doing well. I am also glad that the Redskins are doing well, obviously. I also still haven't received all of my Christmas packages :( there are at least two sitting in the mission office! I am not sure when I will get them, hopefully soon?

We continue to put in our 100%. Something that I've noticed in the last few weeks that is really cool is that our level of success runs somewhat parallel to our diligence. Now, I haven't really noticed that pattern before... I'm not sure why. BUT regardless, it's REALLY cool to see direct correlation between what I am giving and the results of what I give. So often, we don't get to reap the seeds that we sow... being able to do that is a unique blessing. I hope this continues throughout my time in Chichester, throughout my mission for that matter. We've basically just been doing TONS of knocking. We were able to have nine doorstep lessons in four days. Now, that might not seem like a lot haha but in this area in this mission I find it significant! 

I am learning so much each and every day. Conditions are not ideal and no day is perfect. There are always challenges involved. If we put our trust in the Lord, however, we can meet those challenges head on. We can strive to be the best we can. When we mess up, we can humble ourselves before the Lord and repent- thus allowing us to constantly be changing and improving. Eternal progression is just that- eternal. It's not something for the future. It's a process that began before we got here, that must continue here, and will never end. It is a process that is constantly difficult, but will bring forth constant joy in a way that nothing else can. We need to always be living the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I hope some of that made at least marginal amounts of sense! :)

Everything is moving along slowly, but surely. The coming weeks will contain excitement, I know it. I love you all so much and feel your prayers! I know that the work that I do is the Lord's work- it will move forward and it will move forward with power!

With love,
Elder Frederickson


No comments:

Post a Comment