Monday, September 16, 2013

A Crisp Autumn Morning

It's been a good week. We saw our good friend on the street the other day who yelled at us for 10 minutes about how "JESUS DROVE THE MONEY CHANGERS FROM THE TEMPLE!" and how we're "sucking the life out of his community" Hmmmm. Interesting side-note, he had about 20 rings on and was walking his poodle. He is a big fan of us, we see him often on the high street. Life as a missionary is always so interesting. :)

I spoke in church yesterday on the "miracle of the Restoration." It was a good experience! I still get nervous whenever I am asked to speak in church though. I loved being able to share the first vision over the pulpit!

We went on two exchanges last week! Elder Nohaingoinaina came to Worthing with me on Wednesday after a delicious district lunch at the Toby Carvery. Elder Gardner came to Worthing with me as well on Friday. Exchanges always make the week go by quicker, it seems.

Grandma- to answer your weekly inquiry, I don't do nearly as much singing as I should/as I would like to. The 15 months of no lessons have most definitely taken their toll! But I sing when I can. After the baptism last week, one of the members played the piano while a group of us sang in parts, so that was really fun.

I've put several pounds on since arriving to Worthing. I've decided to start having lighter lunches, cut down on eating out, and I've promised myself to make Kebabs a VERY RARE treat... like once a month TOPS (the obvious exception being after baptisms.)

The work is taking off! Members are amazing!

We taught a member referral, twice this week. The first thing she said after church was "I don't think I'll be able to do a Sacrament talk quite yet... they won't ask me, will they?" Let's just say she could not be more prepared. She told us that the Restoration "makes a lot of sense." Her member friend bore sincere testimony, putting power behind our teaching. 

The members are seeing things happening. They're excited to pitch in and do their part. They're motivated to take part in the Work of Salvation- now it's taking that motivation and turning it into ACTION!

One of our investigators is now married! We attended the wedding, the Spirit was strong. Both her and our other investigator are preparing for baptism on the 12th of October... I just wish it'd come sooner! :) I love this work and I love this ward.

I know the work to which I've been called is true. I love my companion, I love Worthing, I love the work. Take up Moroni's challenge, even if you've done it thirty times. Read the Book of Mormon and PRAY! You'll get an answer, the scriptures make that abundantly clear. :)

Family- I hope this letter is "newsy" enough :)

With love,
Elder Frederickson

PS the picture is of the coast! We live about two minutes away (walking) from here!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment