Tuesday, October 8, 2013

What a Wonderful Week

Good morning everyone!

It has been a week with challenges, but it has also been a week full of miracles! 

What a priveledge it was to be addressed by the Lord's anointed this weekend. I learned a lot and hope to apply it as best I can in my missionary efforts. From the talks that I heard, my favourites (in no particular order) were Elder Dube (Elder Riehle in particular will understand why I loved that talk), Elder Bednar, President Monson (priesthood session- VERY enlightening), President Eyring (priesthood session), Elder Christofferson, and President Uchtdorf (Saturday morning.) I realize that I just named like half of the talks hahahhaa but really I loved them.

We saw a lot of miracles whilst we were finding this week. We did all we could to strip ourselves of fear and invite everyone to be baptised. The Lord took care of the rest. He has a tendency to do that. What it really comes down to is our faith. If we believe that the Lord can do it and make that belief manifest through ACTION, then the veil will inevitably burst. The power and authority of our calling will be evident as we call down miracles from Heaven. This is the theme for our District this transfer- bursting the veil!

Funny story of the week: we stopped someone and asked them what they thought their purpose in life was. They said their purpose was to help the word become a more compassionate place by converting others to become Vegans. She then asked if I was Vegan. I told her I was not. She then informed me that, apparently, my compassion did not extend towards animals. I quickly corrected her, letting her know that it did, but that one of the reasons there are animals on this earth is so that man can have meat. Needless to say, that was the end of that conversation. Well... three cheers for honesty.

Also like five minutes later a man told us that he would like us to "go missionary somewhere else."

I had to cringe a little bit when the 70 mispronounced Yorkshire in conference.

I love you all so much! My address is still the same- I would love to hear from you all! :) I know this work that I have been called to is God's work! I love it. I love this gospel. I love being able to share it. 

With love,
Elder Frederickson

No comments:

Post a Comment