Tuesday, April 8, 2014

March 10th

This week was definitely an improvement on last week! 

We didn't have any investigators at church, but we felt that we did a lot more than the previous week to get our investigators there. In large part, this was a result of their agency but that doesn't really excuse us. There is always more that can be done. So we've set goals and made plans to increase sacrament attendance even if our investigators don't come. For example, we are going to emphasize having members invite their friends to church. We already got started on that yesterday! I am confident that this won't just increase sacrament attendance, it will also help our teaching pool grow.

I had a wonderful exchange with Elder Mafubelu this week. He is a fantastic missionary and I learnt a lot from him. On that particular day we did not have any teaching appointments, so finding was a big focus. It was a fruitful day and we found several new investigators in all shapes and sizes :) we'll be teaching many of them this week and we're really excited. Now, as with any exchange, my aim is to carry that increased enthusiasm and lessons learnt and apply them every day the rest of my mission. So far, so good! :)

Something I have been focusing on this week is using the scriptures more in all phases of missionary work. To do this, I obviously needed to improve the quality of my personal study. This has been great, I've seen a lot of blessings from it. I am loving the scriptures more than ever and feel as if I am now teaching with greater spiritual power than before. By this I mean that the Holy Ghost is bearing more powerful testimony. I couldn't really ask for anything more.

Our investigators are doing well! Sometimes it can be easy to be frustrated with the Lord's timetable but perhaps he is just teaching us patience. Our most progressing investigator is back in the hospital, so she couldn't go to the temple and couldn't make it to church. We will keep doing all that we can to help her. Her desire to gain a testimony is so sincere.

I must admit, I got so excited when I read on President's letter that Havant had a baptism this week. Even though it's been a year since I served in that wonderful place, I still love the members there a lot. How wonderful it is that they saw a baptism! :) 

P-Day should be alright! We ended up going to the O2 last week. Beyonce was performing there like the next day so all of her merchandise was set up hahaha. We just kinda walked around and went to this really good restaurant. Today we're just going to clean the flat and chill. Sometimes those are the best kind of P-Days, to relax and prepare for the week.

I love you all so much! :)

With love,
Elder Frederickson

No comments:

Post a Comment